As we transition many aspects of our lives to online platforms, we want to make sure your wellness journey can continue virtually! Campus Rec has been working hard to ensure you have the resources to stay active and engaged from home. We are constantly updating our social media, Youtube channel and website to offer you guided workouts, mindfulness exercises and at-home fitness content throughout the week from our personal trainers and staff. We are excited to be launching group fitness classes on Instagram Live which will feature guided workout sessions of your favorite low and high-intensity classes! You can also find archives of digital fitness content here. Our commitment to you and the CSU community remains the same – bringing you opportunities to continue your fitness journey and reach your wellness goals.
A silver lining is that at-home fitness can often be done equipment-free, or even using household items! We want to help you along the way to make this adjustment in whatever ways are most comfortable for you. Remember that the internet is a powerful tool in the world of fitness – with a little searching, there are tons of free workout videos that can be utilized during this time. Down dog is currently free or students and other online workout programs are offering discounts and extended free trials. Below is a summary of our online fitness content in hopes of inspiring you to continue your fitness journey with Campus Recreation from home.
We are providing at-home fitness content throughout the week on Youtube and social media channels. Tune in for…
- Massage Monday: Start your week off tension-free with Massage Mondays over on our YouTube channel. We are featuring guided massage exercises hosted by our certified massage therapists.
- Trainer Tuesday: Head over to our YouTube channel on Tuesdays for an awesome workout tailored to at-home fitness instructed by a Campus Rec personal trainer. Try this upper body workout with trainer Molly C:
- Workout Wednesday: Don’t miss our Insta story and tweets every Wednesday for a full workout including warm-up, conditioning, and modifications.
- Trainer Tip Thursday: Every Thursday we’ll be bringing you expert tips from trainers on Instagram and Facebook.
- Fitnesss Friday: We’ll be ending the week with more fitness content from out trainers across social media. Stay tuned for our Knot-of-the-Week to learn different climbing knots from home!
- Through May 8th, we’re offering virtual group fitness classes via Instagram Live. Connect with your favorite group fitness classes with a live-streamed virtual workout from our fitness instructors. Find the schedule below and visit here for more information.
- At 6PM MST, join Recwithoutborders on Twitch to participate in a fun trivia competitions and win swag from across the country!
- Click Here to Join ECAC Community Game Nights (Overwatch, Rocket League, Super Smash Bros, Fortnite) . View full Community Game Night instructions here – If you win a tournament, you’ll win the highly coveted CSU IM Champ shirt!
- Join here: CSU IM Sports NBA2K, MADDEN, and FIFA Discord Channels
- There’s no harm in early preparation for future OP trips or just learning something new about the outdoors! Click below to view these informative outdoor clinic presentations about avalanche safety, beacon rescue and hiking your first 14er!
- Watch this video to learn how to access accurate and reliable weather forecasts for hiking, snowshoeing, etc.