The Colorado State University Wrestling Club is a member of the National Collegiate Wrestling Association (NCWA). These athletes compete against other club teams in the Great Plains Conference, and at the NCWA National Tournament. During the regular season, they travel to Open and Invitational tournaments in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, and Nebraska; and their National tournament is usually held in Texas. The team welcomes men and women onto our mat, and they attend tournaments where both are able to compete. The NCWA is the only college league that currently offers women’s collegiate-style wrestling. The team typically qualifies the majority of their competitive wrestlers to the NCWA National Tournament and have recently had NCWA All-Americans (top 8th for men, top 3rd for women). The team continues to grow in size and talent each year.
In the community, CSU Wrestling hosts a Youth Wrestling Clinic every year. They welcome youth wrestlers onto the mats, and offer guidance, technique, and a fun day for future rams. Each fall, they also hold the Annual Halloween Tournament for grades through Middle school. The CSU Wrestlers referee the matches in costume and give the kids a unique wrestling experience. The CSU wrestlers and coaches work with clubs and teams throughout Northern Colorado to support the local wrestling community as much as possible.
CSU Wrestling provides a one of a kind opportunity. They are focused on supporting their competitors on and off the mat. While the team does its best to condition for matches, they also know that academics is the number one priority. Competing with CSU Wrestling and the NCWA is a wonderful opportunity for student athletes who want to continue competing in the sport of wrestling and maintain a balance between academics, athletics, and college life.
- Info Session: Held fall 2019
- President: KaMele Sanchez
- Main Season: Early November until Spring Break, with NCWA Nationals in Mid-March
- Practice days and time: Open mat practices beginning Fall semester with 1 practice a week- Tuesdays from 7-9pm. Practice 3-4 times a week during main season
- League/National Governing Body: National Collegiate Wrestling Association (NCWA)
- Dues: $125/ semester (competitive) and $75 (non-competitive)
- Competition also requires NCWA individual registration ($35). ALL members receive CSU Wrestling shorts and T-shirt with dues payment
- Links: Facebook
- Email us to learn more