The Climbing Wall at the Student Recreation Center offers a variety of activities such as competitions and classes, plus free equipment checkout for Rec Center members. Routes and boulder problems are set on a weekly basis so there is always something new to climb! Never climbed before? Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is here to help orient you to the wall and climbing in a way that is inviting, safe, and fun!
Our facility offers 55 linear feet of bouldering space, two free-standing towers for roped climbing, and the outdoor boulder. The wall design is a mixture of high-performance and realistic rock texture to achieve a variety of climbing styles and challenges for all-ability levels.
- Log into our web portal using your eID and password here
- Click the Facility Access Reservations icon
- Click on the Climbing Wall Reservations icon
- Click Book Now to secure a time slot
- Choose another day and book another slot
- You can cancel your booking by selecting the 3 dots
- Reservations open 2 days in advance and members can book 1 spot per day in each facility area
- Ex:) One Rec Center Reservation and one Climbing Wall Reservation
- You will receive confirmation emails for each reservation, but you will not receive an email for cancellations
- Walk-ins will NOT be permitted. All members must have a reservation in the system prior to entering the facility
If you’re experiencing difficulties scheduling please call, the service desk number at (970) 491-6359
Don’t own your own climbing gear? No problem! We checkout climbing shoes, harnesses, belay devices, lead ropes, and dry ice tools for free during roped climbing hours. We do not rent chalk, but chalk balls can be purchased at the Service Center for $3.00.
Stay tuned to this webpage for more information about our belay lessons coming up and feel free to consult our online climbing resources for videos on acceptable belay techniques used in our facility.
Our Outdoor Program trips also teach a variety of climbing outside:
- Intro to Rock Climbing
- Learn to Trad Climb
- Intro to Sport Climbing
- Intro to Ice Climbing
- Alpine Ice Climbing
Virtual Climbing Resources!
Here is a list of free online climbing resources that our patrons can engage with while being unable to utilize our climbing wall. We have evaluated all these resources in accordance with our own expertise and find them to be valuable to developing your climbing knowledge, skills, and awareness. Each of these sources aligns with our values of community and inclusion. If you have any questions, additions, or concerns about the resources on this list, please contact the Assistant Director of Outdoor Programs at Andy.Nelson@colostate.edu or (970) 491-0964.
There are a variety of other knots and hitches we use in the climbing and outdoor recreation. Check out one of our favorite easy resources for learning knots: Animated Knots by Grog