The CSU Alpine Ski Team is a club that provides the opportunity to race on a semi-competitive level through the United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association. The season begins Spring semester with 5-7 races, beginning during winter break and ending in early/late March. Our team consists of 8-12 racer that compete consistently but are welcome to more. As of this year, 2022, our Men’s and Women’s team qualified for nationals in Lake Placid, NY, and we are striving to repeat this success in the next season. Training happens weekdays from 9-12 at Eldora Mountain Resort alternating between GS and Slalom. Due to the fact that this sport requires a lot of equipment, it is not provided by the team but gear can be found with the help of officers and other members.
Primary competition season begins in January with the first race taking place the weekend before Spring Semester start and ends in the end of February. Depending on Regional qualification, Nationals take place 1-2 weeks after Regionals and alternate between Western location and Eastern location. For example, in 2022 Nationals was held at Lake Placid, NY. In 2023, Nationals are planned to be held at Mammoth Mountain, CA.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list and receive ski team information.
- Info Session: TBD
- President: Amelia Stocking
- Vice President: Karl Gaertner
- League: USCSA: United States Collegiate Ski & Snowboard Association – Rocky Mountain Conference
- Main Season: First 6 weeks of Spring Semester
- Tryouts: Advanced-Intermeidate to Advanced skiing ability required; Athletes seeded in season based on performance
- Practice: Optional (but encouraged) practices are held weekdays in January-March from 9-12 at Eldora Mountain Resort
- Dues: Around $1000/year
- Links: Team Website | Instagram
- Email us to learn more