The Colorado State University Alpine Ski Team provides an opportunity for competitive alpine ski racing at the collegiate level. The team is comprised of a Men’s and Women’s team. Both teams compete in the Rocky Mountain Conference of the United States Collegiate Ski Association. Events are held throughout the Rocky Mountain region, including Winter Park, Crested Butte, Powderhorn, Red Lodge (MT) and more. CSU has been ski racing for over 50 years and is dedicated to continuing its storied success. Each year the team participates in voluntary dry land practices in the fall, daily weekday gate training with CU Boulder at Eldora Mountain Resort and 5 race weekends (10 RMCSC-USCSA races; 5 Slalom, 4 Giant Slalom, 1 Parallel Slalom). Also, the team competes in the Western Regional Championships in which the top 5-7 male and top 5-7 female racers on each team compete. Selections for Western Regionals are based on performance in each discipline. The top 4 Western Regional teams (that do not have an NCAA affiliate) will qualify for the National Championships.
Email us at email@example.com to be added to the mailing list and receive ski team information.
- Info Session: August 23rd @ 5:15-5:45 PM in the Rec Meeting Room A
- President: Luke Erickson
- League: Rocky Mountain Conference of the National Collegiate Ski Association
- Main Season: First 6 weeks of Spring Semester
- Tryouts: Advanced-Intermeidate to Advanced skiing ability required; Athletes seeded in season based on performance
- Practice: Dryland training – CSU Campus and Fort Collins City Park; On snow training – Eldora Mountain Resort
- Dues: $900-1250/year
- Email us to learn more