The Colorado State University Polo Club is a student run sports club that has been in operation since 1977. The Polo team at Colorado State University was the first CSU sports club team to win back-to-back National Championships in 1990 and 1991, and followed with a third title in 1999. Most recently, the Men’s Varsity Polo team took home their fourth National Championship in April of 2015.
The Men’s and Women’s teams are very competitive on a national level, and frequent regional and national tournaments. The club owns over 30 polo ponies that are boarded at the CSU Equine Center, where the team practices six days a week. In addition, the club has a large beginner and junior varsity program. This year, the club is also offering a Social Membership, which offers students the opportunity to learn about polo, care for horses, and be a part of the club without the time commitment of a full-time polo member. Previous polo experience is not required to join, and there are regularly between 30 and 40 members simply learning to love the sport of polo.
- Info Session: 5:15-5:45pm August 29 in Meeting Room A
- President: Maggie Richards
- Main Season: Fall and Spring
- Practice Location: Colorado State Equine Center
- League: United States Polo Association (USPA)
- Tryouts: Fall
- Dues: Varsity $800, JV & Club $500, Beginners $400, Social Members $200
- Links: Team Website | Facebook
- Email us to learn more