Student Recreation Center
CSU’s award-winning Student Recreation Center has had its share of national attention. Funded entirely by student fees, the “Rec” is an innovative combination of state-of-the-art amenities and eye-popping architectural design. Several publications have listed the CSU Student Recreation Center to their “Best Of” lists, including Men’s Health, Best Value Schools, and Best College Reviews.
Campus Recreation is dedicated to providing a safe, welcoming space to members from all backgrounds and fitness levels. Our award-winning recreation facility features all gender restrooms and locker rooms, a lactation room for nursing mothers, and braille on a variety of fitness machines, as well as many other inclusivity-minded features. To read more about these programs and policies, visit our Inclusive Rec page.
Student Recreation Center Features
With 200,000 square feet of activity area, students can always find a place to meet their wellness goals. In order to keep the feeling of privacy, the space is carefully laid out into workout areas which include weight rooms, stretching nooks, a cardio area that looks out two-story windows to the Rocky Mountain foothills, and much more.
- Aquatic Center with four 25-yard lap lanes, zero depth entry, volleyball and basketball area, 40-person spa, climbing wall, sauna, and steam room
- Climbing Wall featuring 55 linear feet of bouldering and two towers for roped climbing
- Four Fitness Studios, including a cycling studio, yoga studio, and two multipurpose fitness studios
- Four Court Gym
- 1/8th Mile Track
- 3 Weight Room Spaces
- Multipurpose Activity Court (MAC) Gym
- TRX Suspension Area
- Martial Arts Mat Room
- Small Workout Studio for students just beginning their wellness journey
The Student Recreation Center is home to the largest solar installation on the Colorado State University Campus. These solar panels generate a ton of electricity that feeds back into the grid.
Lower Level Map
Upper Level Map
Immediately outside the entrance to the Student Recreation Center are a variety of outdoor recreation spaces that Campus Recreation manages:
- Outdoor Sand Volleyball Courts
- Court 1 (southwest court): Men’s net height of 8’
- Court 2 (southeast court): Women’s net height of 7’4”
- Courts 3 – 5 (north courts): Coed net height of 7’8’’
- 3 Full Outdoor Basketball Courts and One Half Court
- Outdoor Inline Hockey Rink (low bounce hockey balls only)
All courts are available for drop-in recreation and for special reservation. To reserve one of the outdoor spaces, contact our facility reservation staff. To view the current reservations (which take priority over drop-in recreation) visit our closures page. Outdoor sport equipment can be checked out at the Service Center inside the lobby.
The Intramural Fields (softball and mixed-use fields) are managed and reserved by the CSU Facilities department.
The Tennis Complex (managed and scheduled by Facilities) is located on Drake at the south college campus. There are a total of 12 courts of which 8 are lighted.
- Priority use of the Tennis Complex is given to University academic programs and athletics
- Current CSU students, faculty/staff may access the courts around scheduled events and academic classes by using their ID card
- The Tennis Complex is open seasonally mid-March through the end of October
- Hours of operation: 6:00 am – 10:00 pm (M-F) and 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (SA-SU)
- Restrooms are only open Monday through Friday (unless pre-arranged through a reservation)
- Courts must be reserved for use by contacting the University Scheduling Office, 970-491-0056. Rental fees and other requirements may apply