Whether you are new to the fitness center, or you are training for a competitive event, Campus Recreation’s certified Personal Trainers can share their expertise to fit your needs. Trainers can work with individuals one-on-one or with partners.
Our personal trainers are nationally certified and each comes with a unique set of experience and skills. Check out the Personal Trainers Bios to learn more about each trainer. Not sure which trainer is right for you? Please contact the Fitness Coordinator, Taylor Sidore, at 970-491-5682 to get personalized direction and matching. Ready to sign-up? Register for a Personal Training Initial Package at the Student Recreation Center Service Center desk.
|Session Package #||Cost for Package||Cost per Session|
|Initial Package (Fitness assessment + 1 training session) *required for all new PT clients|
|PT Sessions – 5|
|PT Sessions -10|
|PT Sessions – 20|
|PT Partner Sessions – 5|
|PT Partner Sessions – 10|
|PT Partner Sessions – 20|
*All expire 1 year from date of purchase
Prior to beginning personal training sessions, it is important for your trainer to get to know you, what you like to do, how your body moves and how you prefer to engage in movement. The Initial Package contains two sessions. The first, a Fitness Assessment to gather information such as past exercise history, functional movement tests, and anything the trainer deems appropriate to help you succeed based on the goals you discuss. The second session is a training session used as a baseline assessment to then use to compare later on down the road. This package is suitable for anyone who wants to assess their fitness, receive a baseline workout and program from a personal trainer. The Initial Package is required for anyone continuing on to purchase any of the training packages offered.
One-on-One Training Sessions
After completing your initial package, you will work with your nationally certified personal trainer towards your health and fitness goals discussed in the 2 sessions just completed. Choose from 5, 10, or 20 sessions based on the timeline of your goals and how often you would like to meet with your trainer and the program they have created for you. By working with a trainer, you will have your own motivator rooting for your success every step of the way.
*Must complete Initial Package prior to purchasing training sessions.
**If you have worked with a personal trainer in the last year and are looking to renew, ask the Service Center for a renewal form.
Partner Training Sessions
Want to train but not sure you want to do it alone? Partner Training is a great option! After your initial packages, your trainer will create workouts to satisfy both you and your partner’s health and fitness goals. By working out with a friend/partner/spouse/etc you will have an instant accountabilibuddy and a support system to have fun with while working towards your health and fitness goals. AND on top of that… you both save money! Win. Win. Win.
When choosing a workout partner, please keep the following in mind:
- Be sure to coordinate schedules prior to signing up. This will not only ensure that you can make the commitment together but also makes scheduling an appointment with a trainer more feasible.
- Each session, both clients must be present to train. If something occurs last minute and one cannot attend, the session will be docked from both accounts even if only one client is present.
*Prices include ONE client; therefore, each individual must have purchased a package before being assigned to a trainer.
** Each individual must complete an Initial Assessment prior to the first session. This can be completed individually or together depending on the goal of the training sessions.
- Download PT Registration Form Online or receive from Service Center at the Rec.
- Fill out information, paying special attention to the availability and providing a variety of options to ease the pairing process.
- Have a trainer in mind? Request them on your form *Note: all requests will be considered but cannot be guaranteed given the trainer’s availability and client load at the time of the request.
- Turn in form and Purchase the Initial package to begin.
- Once the purchase is complete, the Personal Training Student Manager will receive your registration form from the Service Center. The personal training student manager will then pair you with a trainer based on your goals and availability and expertise of the trainer.
- The trainer will contact you to set up your first session together.