A unique approach to development for student staff.
The Rec Development Program is open to current student and non-student hourly staff members who work for the Department of Campus Recreation.
About the Program
About the Program
As a core value of Campus Recreation, development is integral to who we are and what we do each day. More than just a word on a piece of paper, we are dedicated to providing growth opportunities to each of our staff members in order to develop into well-rounded people and professionals.
In order to provide enhanced flexibility and additional opportunities to our staff, as well as a framework for how development happens in our department, the Student Staff Development Committee has launched the Rec Development Program.
Staff will use the Rec Development Program brochure (linked to the right) as a guide to follow throughout their employment with Campus Recreation. There are five required courses which must be completed within the first year of employment. Additional opportunities for development are optional and offer more specific and topical training on a variety of interest areas.
- Rec Ramp Up
- Inclusion 101
- Risk Management: Safety First!
- Customer Service: The Best Experience on Campus
- Conflict Management: 5 Different Styles
These courses are volunteer-based and are not paid.
- Inclusivity Electives
- Inclusion 201
- Inclusion 301
- Inclusivity Campus Elective
- Community Electives
- Rec Cares Service Event
- Emotional Intelligence: Better Leaders, Better People
- Receiving and Giving Constructive Feedback
- The Happiness Advantage
- Development Electives
- Strengths Quest
- Tackling the Job Search: Transferable Skills
- Life Outside Your Comfort Zone
- Careers in Recreation
- Integrity Electives
- Notice & Respond: Assisting People in Distress
- Move From Blame to Accountability
- Customer Experiences: Through the Customer Lens
- On-Campus Elective