In order to keep fellow Rams healthy and feeling welcomed (and in accordance with University policy and Larimer County mandate), masks must continue to be worn at all times inside University buildings, including the Student Recreation Center. Failure to do so could result in the loss of team drop-in sports, fitness center capacity limitations, and/or individual loss of facility access.
Thank you for continuing to do your part to keep our community healthy and recreating at full capacity!
Reservations are not required to access the Student Recreation Center.
Masks While Working Out
- Be prepared for your exercise experience to feel different in a mask and plan to start slow, easing into your workouts
- Your perceived effort level will likely be increased
- You can adapt your activities until your body adjusts to exercising with a mask
- Pay attention to how you are feeling and ease up/stop if you feel dizzy, lightheaded, or short of breath
- VIDEO: Exercising with a Face Covering – Safety Do’s and Don’ts
- ARTICLE: Exercising with a Face Covering – Safety Do’s and Don’ts
Participant Code of Conduct
The safety of our employees and participants is a shared responsibility. As such, we expect all of our patrons and participants to:
- Stay home or go home if they feel ill or present any COVID-19 related symptoms
- Wear a mask at all times in all buildings, except when in the pool
- Wash hands often following CDC recommendations
- Wipe down equipment before and after each use disinfectant provided
- The Pandemic Preparedness Team encourages physical distancing when feasible
- Respect and follow safety procedures, guidelines, directional signage, and instructions from employees
- Drinking fountains, water bottle refill stations, door handles, ADA door touch panels, elevator buttons, patron service countertops, handrails, railings, and more will be continually cleaned by student and custodial staff throughout the day
- Cleaned by staff throughout the day and disinfected nightly by custodial staff
- Hand sanitizer stations placed inside or outside every bathroom
- Cardio and Weight Training Equipment
- Members should wipe down equipment before and after use
- Custodial night staff will perform electrostatic cleaning of entire areas and all equipment when the building is closed