Facility Access & Memberships
We are excited to welcome back most of our membership types for Summer 2021. Our reintroduction plan factors in member needs, pandemic-related policies, and current staffing numbers. Based on what type of member you are (e.g. Student, Faculty/Staff, Affiliate, Alumni, Partner/Spouse, etc.), click here to learn about what memberships are currently available.
Participant Code of Conduct
The safety of our employees and participants is a shared responsibility. As such, we expect all of our patrons and participants to:
- Stay home or go home if they feel ill or present any COVID-19 related symptoms
- Wash their hands often following CDC recommendations
- Wipe down equipment before and after each use disinfectant provided
- Observe physical distancing and avoid physical contact
- Respect and follow safety procedures, guidelines, directional signage, and instructions from employees
- Maintain 3-foot physical distancing throughout the facility
- Scan-in will be “touchless” with your CSU ID card or Rec Center Membership card
- Reservations are no longer required to access the Student Recreation Center, Climbing Wall, or Pool
- Registration is still needed for some programs such as Group Fitness
- No reservations required.
- No climbing or bouldering permitted outside climbing wall hours
- Rink, Volleyball courts, and Basketball courts
- Outdoor Equipment is available for checkout: Basketballs, Soccer balls, Sand volleyballs.
- In order to maintain a minimum of 3 feet between patrons, ensure only one person per bag and do not share bags with other patrons
- If possible, please occupy every other bag
- No partner drills (eg: mitt work, paddle holding, grappling, rolling, wrestling, self-defense, throws, etc.)
- Do not move bags
- Please wipe down bags & floor area around bags after use
- Reopens July 12
- Showers available, shower towel service available
Cardio and Strength Training Equipment
- One person per location/piece of equipment/space
- Equipment spaced 3 feet apart
- All small equipment/cable machine attachments and other items such as yoga blocks, cloth-gripped ab rollers, cloth ab sliders, porous foam rollers, and cloth stretching ropes will be available in the fitness center/weight rooms. Patrons are encouraged to clean these items before and after each use. Staff will clean cable attachments and small shared equipment routinely each hour.
- Available to check out at the equipment desk: jump ropes, weight bar pads, boxing gloves
- Parents can contact the Rec Center via this form to reserve one of the two massage therapy rooms for use as a lactation/nursing space; reservations cannot be made more than 24 hours in advance.
- Drop-in sports that can be done with 3 feet of physical distancing will be available including badminton (1v1), pickleball (1v1), table tennis (1v1), and shooting basketballs (1 person per half court). The equipment needed to play those sports is available for check out by those with a membership.
All areas listed below are closed until further notice:
- Steam Room & Spa/Hot Tub (closed for the rest of the summer)
- Some drop-in sports and associated equipment are not available. See the “areas and equipment available” section for more details
- Weight belts, weight vests
Lockers and Towels
- Maintain 3-foot physical distancing when using lockers
- All day-use lockers are available for use
- Shower towel service available to purchase
- Members who had lockers upon the facility closure in March 2020 will get access to those lockers again on June 14 – more information is available on the membership page
- Rental lockers will go on sale to new renters in Fall 2021
- Massage Therapy
- Swim Lessons
- Dance & Martial Arts Classes
- Cardio and Weight Training Equipment
- Patrons are reminded to wipe down equipment before and after use
- Custodial night staff will perform electrostatic cleaning of entire areas and all equipment when the building is closed
- Drinking fountains, water bottle refill stations, door handles, ADA door touch panels, elevator buttons, patron service countertops, handrails, railings, etc., will be continually cleaned by student and custodial staff throughout the day
- Cleaned by staff throughout the day
- Hand sanitizer stations placed inside or outside every bathroom
- Disinfected nightly by custodial staff
- Some items/services are not currently available to purchase or for registration
- Some purchases/registrations are now available online to minimize in-person contact
- For in-person purchases, members will swipe their own credit cards or Ram Cash (No cash or checks will be accepted until fall semester)
Looking for information about your favorite program areas? Check out the navigation menu to find desired program area and more information on what is currently available this summer, details on who is eligible, and how to sign up!